Membership in the AOCD is more than just a title. We provide a combination of assistance, education and accreditation. Members are encouraged to take full advantage of these benefits.
Members receive the following benefits:
- Provides organized promotion of the profession of dermatology.
- Provides approximately 50 hours of approved continuing medical education in dermatology each year.
- Provides timely information through the AOCD Newsletter and the Annual Membership Directory.
- Provides practice management information.
- Provides for membership input through the annual membership business meeting.Necessary to hold office in AOCD or AOBD.
- Necessary for professorship at AOA teaching institutions.
- Necessary to serve as chairman of Department of Dermatology in AOA approved hospitals.
- In states that require board eligibility status before listing oneself as a dermatologist, it is necessary to complete all certification requirements of the AOCD and AOBD.
- Extremely beneficial in litigation cases.